Wilmington, NC

Okay, time to catch up on my blog...*deep breath* haha. (I decided to just keep using this blog too, not starting a new one). Okay, where to begin? Well, I left Lake Tahoe on July 27th and flew out of the Reno airport at 4:15 PM. From there I had a layover in Phoenix, then Vegas, then Charlotte, and then FINALLY landed in Wilmington on July 28th at 8:30 AM. It was the longest, most exhausting dang trip I have ever taken in my life! I was a zombie for like the first week, all I did was sleep, I barely even ate because my food schedule was off and I was never hungry. It also had to do with the fact that I was so utterly homesick that I was literally sick to my stomach. That first week was not a pretty one for me, we'll just leave it at that. Then on August 8th, I got a car and things started to get semi-better. I was able to go out and do things, apply for jobs, and I spent a lot of that week helping out one of my aunt's friends, Kelly, set up her classroom. I started going to a church that I really like on Sundays, and then on the 17th their college group started back up again, so I started going to that. I like it a lot, it reminds me a lot of what chapel was like at school. Then on the 19th I had two job interviews- one at Charlotte Russe and the other at Kohls. Then other interview on the 20th for Sears Portrait Studio, and I got hired right then and there for that job! I started work the next day, the 21st. And ever since then that's pretty much been my life. I go to church Sundays and Tuesday nights, and the rest of my week is filled with work. So even though things have definitely gotten better since that horrible first week because I'm busy and have other things to focus on...things are still pretty hard. I'm still homesick every day. I still want to go home. I'm still not sure I'm meant to be here for very long. But those are things I'm trying to figure out. I'm just getting through day by day, doing my best, praying that God will show me the answers.

Downtown Wilmington

Some battleship lol...took this pic for you Kels, knew you would appreciate it haha.







First day of work :) lol

Backyard

I spent A LOT of time on this swing that first week.

Swinging :)

3 comments:

k.Verb said...

I like the battleship:D Its so pretty out there rach! I cant wait to go there

Heather said...

Your pictures are great Rachel! It's beautiful there! I wish Palmdale could turn into that, because I could never be brave enough to leave on my own, but I would love to live in such a pretty place! I always wanted to live in NC when I was a teenager, because it was so pretty on the tv shows. But then I went to SC for David's Army graduation, and I couldn't even bear it for 2 days, the rain was miserable when I'm so used to the sun!

Rachel said...

haha, it doesn't rain that much. More than back home obviously, but it's only rained a few days since I've been here.