Bedroom Update

So there's been a little bit of progress on my bedroom...

A couple weeks ago I painted my room. I went with "Candid Pink"...I liked the name ;) lol. But before I painted, I decided I wanted to finally take down all the seams that I had on my wall.

Here's an old picture of my room (I forgot to take before pictures)



So I had to rip all those seams off my walls, then spackle all the seams with drywall spackle (3 coats on each seam, and we had to sand it down between each coat which made a MESS) then I had to paint drywall primer over all the seams, and I had to primer my dark purple wall since I was painting my walls a lighter color, and THEN I could finally paint my walls. It was a 4 DAY project! It took forever, I wanted to shoot myself lol.





On this corner I turned it into a rounded corner. My mom bought a plastic rounded corner at the hardware store and we nailed in on and then spackled and painted over it.


And here are some pictures that I took tonight of a couple of things I've added...

Here's all my jewelry. I love my "jewelery girls" as I call them lol. And my mom's friend Diana just gave me that hook thing today, and it's perfect for hanging my long necklaces!




These are my 2 favorite things in my room so far. I found that Couture canvas at JoAnn's on clearance for about $12, and the curtains I fell in love with as soon as I saw them, but my Target was out of them so I had to go to the Target in Santa Clarita to get them haha. They were on sale too, I got both panels for about $45.



The curtains are velvet (well, fake velvet lol) and you can't really tell in the picture, but there are actually stripes.


I also got this new curtain rod at JoAnn's. I had been looking for one with glass knobs on the end like this and everywhere I looked, the knobs alone were like $15 each! So I was stoked when I found this one on clearance for only $10!

0 comments: