No Meat

So today I started a goal that I set for myself- I'm not going to eat meat for one month. That's just to start out, then after a month we'll see how I feel. I neeeeeever thought I would become a "vegetarian", and I'm not like the typical vegetarian type person that is so against eating meat, I'm really just trying it out for health reasons. Lately, I've heard so many stories of people that stopped eating meat, and everything about them became healthier. They don't get sick as much, they sleep better, they're happier, they're skin and hair is better...just overall, they feel so much better and healthier. So I'm committing to a month of no meat, and healthier meals, to test this out for myself. Now, I don't know if I can NEVER eat meat again, but I really just want to be healthier and have a healthier lifestyle, because let's face it, I'm not going to have this teenage body forever LOL ;) It's not about losing weight, I know I don't need to lose weight, I don't want to lose weight, I just want to start this healthy lifestyle now so that as I get older, it will be easier to keep weight off and not have to torture myself with crazy diets haha. So anyways, now that I want to start eating healthier, I told my mom that I will now do all the grocery shopping and cook dinner (although my mom made sure to tell me that NO ONE else in my family is cutting out meat, so I still have to make meat for them lol) so this also gives me a chance to plan meals and learn how to cook :) So I've got this weeks meals planned out, and every night I'll post what I made :)
Tonight I didn't make dinner, my mom made a steak she had already planned to make, and some potatoes, so instead of the steak I had some pasta with some olive oil and parmesan cheese, a salad, and the potatoes too.

5 comments:

B said...

I tried this for a bit but I went all out and wouldn't eat anything that had any animal substance in it. So anything with dairy, meat, eggs, chicken ect. It was so hard. So maybe no meat will be a little easier then being a full on "VEGAN" :)

Make sure you take B-12 vitamins. The only way you can get this vitamin is through meat and it will give you energy. If you are feeling weak and tired (which most people do when they start not eating meat) then you are not getting enough protein. Look up alternatives and what food carries protein.

Also I would suggest googling a lot about the "good" nutrients you do get from meat and see what other foods carry those nutrients.

Just be careful cause Meggie did the no meat thing for like 5 months and got really sick and stuff. So do all the research and make sure you are eating enough protein and vitamins that meat does give you just in other foods.

If you do it right then you will feel fabulous! Just thought you would like some tips.

Desiree Blake said...

You need meat for your teeth. Protein.

Heather said...

Yeah, my Mom doesn't eat meat, and she gets sick more than I do lol. So get protein in you somehow if you're determined not to eat meat!

Rachel said...

Yeah, I'm making sure I get protein. I'm still eating cheese, and eggs, and nuts.

B said...

make sure you take b-12 vitamins! seriously!!!!! :)